Commercialization Office provides an opportunity for scientists and workers of Nazarbayev University to realize their patentable ideas, developments, inventions and projects with high commercial potential for outputting to the domestic and foreign markets.
Projects administered by the Commercialization Office have various branch orientations and meet all the spheres of competence that exist and are developed in the Nazarbayev University: energy efficiency, biotechnology, information technology, robotics, new materials, etc.
Task of drawing up a title of protection for intellectual property object is set within each project.
Scope of basic services of the Commercialization Office includes:
- Organization of procurement of all necessary for the implementation of projects: equipment, consumables, services of outside organizations and consultants, etc
- Patenting of intellectual property: from the invention disclosure to the payment for maintenance in force of the resulting title of protection for intellectual property object
- Assistance to scientists and workers of Nazarbayev University in processing of applications for an external grant funding for commercialization
- Assistance in the promotion of project results to the domestic and foreign markets
- Distribution of income from the sale of intellectual property rights between the participants of the innovation process in accordance with the policy in the field of intellectual property of the Nazarbayev University
- Conclusion of license agreements.